New Blog  

Posted by Colleen

So we decided that we didn't like Windows Live Blogging because people couldn't comment unless they had a hotmail account. There were other reasons, too, but that was a big one for us because we love comments! So you all better comment a lot!

We haven't blogged in a while because we have been very busy with yard work. We got our garden in last week and it seems to be doing ok. We planted: strawberries, tomatoes (regular, cherry and pear), anaheim and bell peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, corn, watermelon, cantaloupe, and pumpkins. Everything is doing ok except for the lettuce. It died already. All of this is in addition to our 13 varieties of fruit trees, grapes and raspberries that we already had. We just need to get a cow and a few chickens and we will be totally self-sufficient!

Another accomplishment of this week was painting our deck. It used to be white. Well, kinda. The paint was all peeling off and it was really dirty. Now the railing is beige and the floor is redwood. It looks great! We ran out of paint, so we still have a few touchup spots, but we will post a picture of it when we are finished.

One other thing going on in our life right now is postpartum hair loss. If you have never heard of this, be warned! About two to three months after having a baby, your hair starts to appear everywhere: your bed, your food, your brush, and especially your tub drain. Stock up on Drano! I guess the reason for this is you don't lose as much hair when you are pregnant. A lot of people love their full, lush locks, but for me it just gets poofier. I have heard that this sudden loss can be quite disastrous for people with thinner hair, but it is actually a good thing for us with too much hair.

This entry was posted on Sunday at Sunday, May 18, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

11 comments

Interesting. My postpartum hair loss seems to be happening 5 or 6 years later, and it's usually from me pulling my own hair out...

May 19, 2008 at 4:30 AM

Well, finally I can comment now that the site is officially non-micro$oft. Congratulations!

I hadn't heard of postpartum hair loss. Interesting. I thought it was only the babies which lost their hair shortly after birth.

Good luck on the garden. If you are interested in urban livestock, I've got a couple of friends who really are raising chicken in their backyards...

May 20, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Nate's comment reminds me of a conversation I heard in a workplace several years ago. One young woman, almost nine months pregnant with her first child, was complaining about what a pain it was lugging the bowling ball around, and how eager she was to get be through with the hard part.

An older woman in the office laughed. "Oh, that first nine months is the easy part. Its the next twenty years where things really get tough!"

May 20, 2008 at 10:24 AM

yay i'm excited about your new blog.

May 21, 2008 at 8:43 AM

I love the new blog, it looks great! I am yet to experience the hair loss thing but probably soon. Maggie has a fever, its so sad, I have to take her to the dr today!

May 21, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Yeah for the new blog! I couldn't figure out how to comment on your other one!

May 23, 2008 at 3:42 PM
Anonymous  

Hey, I am glad to see that things are going well for you. Since we never get together I can just see what you are doing through your blog!! Just kidding. we need to get together since we have not seen each others babies. And so I can raid your fruit trees!!!
julianne

May 24, 2008 at 11:14 AM

I am glad you guys are switching over to blogspot! Our family blog address is geoffreyandjadigunnersonfamily.blogspot.com
I know it is a long address! Brandon also has a blog. He hasn't blogged for awhile but there is a link to his on our blog.
Good luck with your garden. I can't wait to have one some day. Hopefully it won't be too far away.

May 25, 2008 at 6:46 AM

What's wrong you change blogs and we're no longer your friends.
Thanks a lot,
Chris and Kara

June 2, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Man you guys have been BUSY!But all those fresh fruit and veggies sound delish! But painting the deck sounds torturous. The woes and joys of having property.

June 4, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Sorry, Chris and Kara. The link on our old blog got broken somehow. I just added you again.

June 4, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Post a Comment