Christmas is over!?!  

Posted by Colleen

I kept thinking that I needed to post something and now here it is already past Christmas! We apologize for not posting for over a month, but here is some more info about what is going on in our lives.

Lydia got four teeth within a couple weeks of each other. She now has her own little toothbrush and Ben is jealous because it lights up. She is getting into everything! She crawls all over the place and has learned how to open cupboards and drawers, so she is always pinching her fingers in something. She is definitely a competitor for clumsiest kid ever. She always has a bump or bruise or small cut on her somewhere. Maybe she does it on purpose, though. She sure seems like that is her intent when she comes at you with that little head of hers. She is a world champ head-butter. She loves electronics and at this moment just turned on the camera all by herself. She knows just what button to push to make it turn on.

Ben is a close second in the clumsiest kid ever, but he is definitely the winner in the wimp contest. I don't want to sound mean, but that kid cries if he is tapped on the shoulder. Other than that, he is a good kid. He tries to take good care of his sister, but she doesn't always like the attention. He is a whiz at the computer and Wii. I am convinced his is going to be a computer programmer some day like his mom. He got lots of fun toys for Christmas, but he just wants to play with Lydia's toys. I think it is just because he doesn't have to go downstairs to get them. (Laaazzzyyy!) He also got a bunch of new pants and pajamas for Christmas because he is growning so fast. He is still a stick, but all of his pants and pajama bottoms were looking like capris.

Jared is doing about the same. He is still trying to get used to his four day work week. (Read the fridays entry, if you haven't yet. It is hilarious) He had some problems with pancreatitis if you didn't hear about that, but he is feeling ok now. Not quite back to normal, but better. He is also stressing about how much we spent this Christmas. We bought a new 52" lcd hd tv for our basement. We got a great deal on it, but the only way I could convince him to get it was to promise I would work more hours. So what am I doing this week? Oh, I am taking a vacation. :)

I just have to say that I deserve this time off. I have been working hard getting a major version of my company's product released (Tweak CMS - tweakcms.com), and fixing all of the bugs that we caused. ;) It is stable now and working pretty good so I decided to relax and enjoy my holiday. I also wanted to have plenty of time to visit with my sister Charese who is coming in town today. I haven't seen her for a couple of years and she is only going to be here a couple of days on her way to their new base in Washington state. Besides all of the stress of work, kids and the holidays causing a handful of migraines this month, I have been pretty good.

I think that is about it. Below are some pics of Christmas:

Santa came to visit a couple of days before Christmas
Ben was excited...

but Lydia wasn't. This is the only picture we got of her smiling, and I think she was only smiling because she got that candy cane.

Christmas Eve we went to my parents and performed the Nativity. Ben was a shepherd...

Lydia was the cutest Mary ever...

her cousin Eli was Joseph...

I was a wise woman...


And Jared was a very reluctant King Herod (or King Jared as we called him).

Christmas morning before we woke up the kiddies.





They were a little reluctant to get out of bed...
(Our video camera is broken, so we had to take them with our digital camera. These are not very high quality)





Lydia let us torture her at Grandma Price's house.


After going back to both parent's houses Christmas day and getting stuck in the snow several times in Herriman, we were happy to come home and not have to go out in it again.

We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas too!

This entry was posted on Tuesday at Tuesday, December 30, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Anonymous  

these pictures are so cute! And the video of ben is hilarious.

December 30, 2008 at 10:38 PM

We have got to see you guys! I cant belive how big the kiddos are! Thanks for the bubbly... so thoughtful!

January 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Looks like you had quite the Christmas! The snow that day was crazy...we are living in Riverton now and we spent a good two hours digging out our driveway!

January 10, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Post a Comment