Slackers  

Posted by Colleen

So, we are the biggest slackers in the world. At least when it comes to blogging, that is. It has been a pretty eventful couple of months. Since we haven't written anything since Christmas, I will catch you up.

Our biggest purchase of the year came not too long after it started. (That grumbling you hear is Jared. He hates spending money) It was quite necessary after we slid off the road into a snow bank and damaged a few expensive things in our Dodge Stratus. It has been a good car and we could have fixed it, but we thought we would upgrade to keep us on the roads next winter. Here it is!

It is a Subaru Tribeca with a 3rd row seat for when we decide to add some more munchkins to the bunch.

Speaking of munchkins, Lydia turned 1 on Febrary 26th. Here are a few images from the two small family parties we had:


















She also can walk now! She is a little troublemaker and gets into everything! She gets this look when she knows she is getting into something she is not supposed to.




I can't leave out Ben. He just loves his Wii and can drive better on Mario Cart better than I can! Next month we will be registering him for Kindergarten. I can't believe he is going to be 5 already!














This is our most recent project: We painted our living room green!












And finally, our little daffodils that we planted last year are blooming! My favorite flower!

This entry was posted on Thursday at Thursday, March 19, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Nice wheels. We looked into something like the Tribeca ourselves last year, but ultimately decided on our Sequioa. I love the extra room. But the we aren't EVER going bigger than our Sequoia. 6 kids no more.

March 19, 2009 at 8:38 PM

We have got to get these two little girls together! Lydia is such a doll... Hope to see you soon! Maybe at book club!
Trisha

March 21, 2009 at 10:35 PM

FINALLY! It's about time you updated your blog. Jk. I love your new car!!! And I can't believe Lydia is walking. And that ben is 5 - holy cow! Are you coming to book club?

March 27, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Wow! I am glad that you two got such an awesome ride! Your kids are adorable and the living room looks great!

March 28, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Loved your updates. Your kids have grown up so much, crazy! We missed you at bookclub...hopefully the next one?

April 8, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Things are looking like they are going very well for your family! I love all your pictures, and I can;t beleive Lydia is walking! I'm hoping mine don;t start walking until next year sometime!

May 11, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Post a Comment