Those who have been reading our blog for awhile know that we like to pass along funny Ben quotes. Hey, it tends to be good material. I'm often prone to wonder whether he actually means what he says, or if he is actually smart enough to say things that he knows will mess with my head. I'm kind of leaning toward the latter, but sometimes I wonder...
When we were out recently looking at the massive apricot tree, I asked him what the orange things were in the tree. His response? "Hmm...popcorn!" He then proceeded to burst into song. I half expected him to climb up the tree and happily sing away as he worked to pick fruit, envisioning a scene reminiscent of something the folks at Disney would dream up.
Okay, he probably knew what he was talking about that time.
When we were under that same tree a couple days later, I asked him if we should pick some more apricots before they all fell to the ground. His response? "Yes! And are they filled with peanut butter?" Now where did that come from? We had recently purchased some peanut butter filled pretzels at the farmers market, but they came in a plastic, FDA approved container. They seemed nothing like the apricots.
I definitely wonder about that precocious kid sometimes.
This entry was posted
on Sunday
at Sunday, July 20, 2008
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
2 comments
That's so funny - I love the things kids say! They have untainted imaginations.
September 13, 2008 at 7:01 PM
Post a Comment
Recent Posts
Recent Comments
Colleen's bookshelf: currently-reading
Friends and Family Blogs
- Amber and Wes
- Ariane and Mark
- Becca and Kevin
- Chris and Kara
- Heidi and Amos
- Jared and Laura
- Jeannette and Mike
- Jennifer and Nathan
- Jessica and Ben
- Josh
- Krysta and Will
- Melanie and Dave
- Mike and Lindsey
- MJ and Ryan
- Monica and Ivan
- Ray and Nannette
- Rebecca and Nate
- Scotty and Michelle
- Skylee and Eric
- Stacy and Derek
- Trisha and Caleb