Yesterday was my birthday and I feel old! I am no longer in my mid twenties, but getting closer to the big 30. Jared will be almost there in three weeks. Since I have been thinking about birthdays a lot the past couple of weeks, I would like some input from you all. Jared doesn't really care about birthdays and it has always been a bigger thing in my family. Do you like people to make a big fuss over your birthday? How did you feel about getting older? I don't know why, but it seems to have really bothered me lately. It never has before. I usually forget how old I really am.
3 comments
Happy Birthday. Isn't May 26 the best day ever (it' my birthday too). For reasons, I don't want to say, I wasn't looking forward to turning a year older this year. It hasn't been a problem in the past. Michael is such a money-saver, he doesn't like getting presents himself (even if there is something he is desperately in need of), but he doesn't mind giving me present, despite my telling him the house was my birthday present.
First of all, you are very young! And honestly, I have enjoyed my 30's way more than my 20's, and it doesn't really bother me getting older anymore. We are big birthday celebraters (we literally have birth WEEKS!) in my family and Will doesn't, either. So, needless to say, I haven't really had a birthday celebration since I've been married, unless I am with my family. I'm hoping that now that we have the boys, Will will learn to appreciate birthdays more, even if it's just for THEIR sake!
Post a Comment
Recent Posts
Recent Comments
Colleen's bookshelf: currently-reading
Friends and Family Blogs
- Amber and Wes
- Ariane and Mark
- Becca and Kevin
- Chris and Kara
- Heidi and Amos
- Jared and Laura
- Jeannette and Mike
- Jennifer and Nathan
- Jessica and Ben
- Josh
- Krysta and Will
- Melanie and Dave
- Mike and Lindsey
- MJ and Ryan
- Monica and Ivan
- Ray and Nannette
- Rebecca and Nate
- Scotty and Michelle
- Skylee and Eric
- Stacy and Derek
- Trisha and Caleb