I am referring to trees, of course. What else would I write about when there are 15 in our yard? I recounted them and yes, we have 15. 12 fruit and 3 non-fruit.
Anyway, Jared and I decided that we better plant a new peach tree since ours seems to be on the way out and we took out one of the apples to give more sunlight to one of our garden areas (we have two). That last sentence made taking out the apple tree too easy. Let me try again. We toiled, we labored, we broke our backs taking out that tree. Well, Jared did at least. I got a little sore, but he was walking around like an old man for a couple of days.
In case you were wondering, these are the kinds of trees we have:
3 flowering cherry (those are the ones I mentioned last post that don't produce any fruit)
1 tart cherry
1 bing cherry
1 HUGE apricot
1 asian
1 regular
2 plums (no idea what the varieties are, but they are good)
1 reddish-yellow apple (like gala or fuji)
1 golden delicious
1 nectarine
2 peach (1 brand new, so we won't get any fruit on it this year)
Another thing that happened since my last post was that Ben and I went to the allergist. I am pretty much allergic to everything that will give you hayfever. My back was really itchy in a couple of spots for days afterward. Ben is also allergic to many of the things I am, so we get to have the same kind of nasal spray. We also found out that he is allergic to nuts. He has never had a severe reaction to peanuts, but he is a little allergic, so we have to stay away from them from now on. He is more allergic to cashews. They made him break out in hives all over his body when he ate some cookies once. He has never had trouble breathing, but the doctor has us carrying around an epi-pen just in case. We are really hoping we never have to use it. So Amber, we feel for you!
5 comments
Yea I'm right there with you! Cashews are nasty awful things, aren't they. But wow I didn't know that you are allergic to stuff - I have Hay Fever too. Does it get better with Claritin Clear? Poor Ben. He can sit on the same no-nut table as Holden :)
You two are lucky...but I worked in a peach orchard growing up and I also know what a huge pain it can be caring for fruit trees! It's all worth it when you have tons of fruit you can use all year though right?
We love our fruit trees. Last year I bottled a ton of applesauce, and peaches. Most of the peaches we got from friends since ours is still little, but it looks like we will have quite a few peaches this year, YEAH! We bought an almond tree this year too, but it won't produce for a few years, so we will see how it goes!
Post a Comment
Recent Posts
Recent Comments
Colleen's bookshelf: currently-reading
Friends and Family Blogs
- Amber and Wes
- Ariane and Mark
- Becca and Kevin
- Chris and Kara
- Heidi and Amos
- Jared and Laura
- Jeannette and Mike
- Jennifer and Nathan
- Jessica and Ben
- Josh
- Krysta and Will
- Melanie and Dave
- Mike and Lindsey
- MJ and Ryan
- Monica and Ivan
- Ray and Nannette
- Rebecca and Nate
- Scotty and Michelle
- Skylee and Eric
- Stacy and Derek
- Trisha and Caleb